With summer just around the corner the weather is heating up which means when it comes to snack-time we’re reaching for something that’s a little lighter, fresher and cooler.
The perfect warm weather snack is fresh, healthy and alive with all the colours of the rainbow.
We’ve got some super easy and dietitian approved snack ideas that are perfect to help lower body temperature and keep you cool this time of year.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to let us know if you make any of these recipes by tagging us on Instagram (@wlsaust)!
Freeze yourself some fresh grapes!
Frozen Mixed Berries
Either freeze yourself or buy already frozen from the Freezer Section of your supermarket.
Frozen Yoghurt Bark
2 cups Greek yoghurt
1⁄4 cup blended fruit (I used blueberries)
Toppers- nuts, seeds, berries, cacao nibs etc
1. Line a tray with non-stick baking paper
2. Add yoghurt and level out in tray
3. Swirl blended fruit into yoghurt
4. Sprinkle toppers
5. Freeze for at least 4 hours
Smashed Chickpeas in Lettuce Cups
125g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 celery stalk, chopped finely
1⁄2 small red onion, chopped finely
1 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
6 lettuce leaves (iceberg or little gem)
1. Roughly smash chickpeas with a fork
2. Mix chickpeas with celery, onion, yoghurt and lemon juice together
3. Dollop chickpea mixture into lettuce leaves
Veggie Sticks with Beetroot Dip
1 can drained beetroot
1 cup plain, low fat Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Add ingredients to a blender
2. Blend until smooth
1 frozen banana
1-2tbsp skimmed milk or milk alternative
2 tsp natural peanut butter
1. Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
2. Add more milk if needed