Gastric Sleeve surgery requires no ongoing maintenance, as with the Lap Band; however, you will still need to make significant lifestyle changes. Patients are provided with ongoing support for the first 12 months following surgery to ensure strategies are implemented to encourage these changes. This support program is included in your surgery package:
Included in your Gastric Sleeve package are the following services:
- Unlimited consultations by phone, email, or face to face with patient liaison staff
- All consultations with the surgeon
- Unlimited monthly support from our dietitian and psychologist
- 3 post-op workshops with our psychologist and dietitian at 6 weeks, 6 mths, and 12 mths
- A comprehensive patient manual
Before you proceed with your gastric sleeve surgery, you will undergo three assessment appointments to determine your suitability for the procedure and to prepare you for your weight loss journey.
- Surgeon: $170 (GP referral required-Medicare rebate applies)
- Dietitian consultation and assessment (45 min): $120 (Health fund rebate may apply)
- Psychologist consultation and assessment (50 min): $220.00 (Health fund rebate may apply)
Once you have completed these appointments and wish to proceed with the surgery you can arrange a date for the procedure, which could be as early as two weeks away. You’ll need to arrange payment of your package fee within 7 days of surgery; we can discuss finance, superannuation access or other payment options with you at this time. Please contact the rooms at WLSA on (07) 5598 0500 for full package prices.
All appointments for the first 12 months are included in the initial fee. Any additional appointments with the team will be charged at the normal consulting rate, for which you may receive Medicare or health fund rebates.
Please contact us on (07) 5598 0500 for more information