Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Snowboarding:
1.Increased flexibility: Snowboarding significantly improves overall flexibility, as it requires you to change directions and pace frequently and suddenly. Snowboarding also requires good balance, so your balance will improve as you grow more proficient at the sport.
2. Aerobic exercise: Snowboarding is an aerobic exercise that offers an intense cardio workout and can burn up to 450 calories per hour, so it’s a great way to lose weight and increase your endurance!
3. Muscle training: Snowboarding works all the major muscle groups in your body as well as the smaller ones in your feet and ankles. You’ll use your quads, hamstrings and calves to ride the snowboard. The muscles in your ankles and feet will help you steer the board. Snowboarding even works the muscles of the arms and shoulders, which are used for balance and to pick yourself up when you fall.
4. Puts you in a good mood: Snowboarding, like any form of exercise, releases endorphins, the neurochemicals responsible for feelings of happiness and well being. Exercising outdoors also helps to elevate mood and reduce anxiety, so snowboarding can lower stress levels and support mental health.
5. Develop relationships: You meet awesome people while snowboarding, so it can help you bond with others. It also gives you better self-esteem, which in turn helps with your interpersonal skills.
6. Core exercise: Snowboarding can be one of the most exhausting activities because you are pretty much working every muscle in your body, especially your core. This is important because your core muscles protect your organs.
7. Balance and coordination: Balance will improve as you grow more proficient at the sport. It also strengthens your ability to concentrate, as you learn to pay close attention to the changes in the snow.
8. Improves flexibility: Snowboarding significantly improves overall flexibility, as it requires you to change directions and pace frequently and suddenly. This flexibility can help with day to day activities, especially during winter time when joints tend to get a little tighter.
9. Self-confidence: Mastering a new skill, such as snowboarding, is a fantastic way of increasing self-confidence. It’s important to challenge yourself and in some cases push yourself out of your comfort zone.
10. Helps with stress and anxiety: Being outdoors helps to reduce anxiety and can benefit your mental health. It also helps reduce stress levels because of the social interaction with family and friends.