Yay! You’ve just had surgery! Congratulations! But wait, its Christmas and you need to follow a 6 week texture modified diet. Help! Not being able to eat what everyone else is having at Christmas can be socially uncomfortable. However, it is really important to adhere to the recommendations of your texture modified diet straight after surgery to help you heal and recover safely and comfortably. Here are some food suggestions which may be able to help you through this time.
- Protein shakes
- Egg nog
- Low sugar/homemade iced tea
- Mashed/stewed vegetables/fruit
- Choose dishes with beans/legumes/soft saucy dishes that are easy to mash with a fork
- Milk puddings
- Soft cheeses/pickled vegies/antipasto plates
- Roasted pork/turkey/ chicken with roasted veggies
Accredited Practising Dietitian at WLSA.