Discover the Allurion Balloon
With no surgery required, the Balloon is safely placed during a 20 minute appointment by one of our qualified and experienced Nurse Practitioners.
✔ Lose 10-15% of your body weight in 16 weeks*
✔ No Surgery
✔ No Endoscopy
✔ No Anaesthesia
How It Works
It is a device that is swallowed, therefore no need for surgery. The procedure is administered by a Nurse Practitioner in the WLSA clinic with no need for anaesthetic or endoscopy.
- A capsule that contains the Allurion Balloon is swallowed, with water, performed by a qualified and experienced Nurse Practitioner using a specialised guided technique.
- An X-ray will be done to confirm optimal placement of the balloon.
- It’s then inflated with liquid which will give you a feeling of fullness and slow down the digestive process.
- 16 weeks AFTER the placement of the Allurion Balloon, the balloon self-empties & passes naturally.
FAQs How does the Allurion Balloon get into my stomach?
The balloon is placed in your stomach during a brief 20-minute appointment with a Nurse Practitioner in the WLSA clinic. You will swallow a vegetable-based capsule that contains the deflated balloon. The balloon is connected to a long thin tube. Once the capsule has entered your stomach you will have the first x-ray to confirm the correct position of the capsule. Your nurse will then use the tube to fill the balloon with liquid and then a second x-ray will confirm the balloon is correctly filled. Once the balloon is filled, your nurse will gently remove the tube and you’ll be free to go home.
Most people can swallow the capsule containing the Allurion Balloon without any problems. However, if you do have difficulty swallowing it, your nurse can use a thin wire (stylet) to help guide the capsule into place – still without endoscopy or anaesthesia.
People on average lose between 10 and 15kg over four months of balloon therapy.
The balloon is filled with 550ml of water.
Most people can return to normal activity within a day or two. However, some people do experience nausea, abdominal cramping and, occasionally, vomiting after balloon placement. In most cases, we can prescribe commonly used medication to help manage these symptoms.
After approximately 16 weeks, a time-activated release valve on the balloon will open, allowing it to empty and pass naturally without any medical intervention when you use the toilet. In rare cases, at the time of passage, the balloon may be vomited.
After your balloon passes, the support from your Team at WLSA continue. This is to help you consolidate your new lifestyle habits and focus on keeping the weight off.
The 12 Month Lifestyle Modification Program
All WLSA #WeightLossWarriors will join our renowned 12 Months Lifestyle Modification Program to receive unlimited professional health guidance from our award-winning medical team of bariatric nurses, dietitians and psychologists. In addition to your 12-month program, you will be supported by our thriving community, your fellow #WeightLossWarriors.
The Allurion Balloon Lifestyle Modification Program includes:
- Placement of the device
- Intravenous fluid for hydration
- A holistic approach with the WeightLoss Solutions Australia team with unlimited access and support from our fully trained and dedicated team of nurses, doctors, dietitians and psychologists to make sure you lose the weight and keep it off long term
- We will tailor a plan JUST FOR YOU!
I'd Like to Know More
What Are My Options & Costs?
100% Privacy Guaranteed.
*The average person loses 10-15% of their body weight in 16 weeks but results may vary.
Please consult the experienced and qualified WeightLoss Solutions Australia team for further information, eligibility and to see if this procedure is right for you.